Requirements of becoming a Literacy Volunteer Tutor:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma.
- Be proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking of the English language.
- Submit a complete application for review by the LNYBN staff
- Attend all initial training as required
- Pay $30 fee that will be used to support expenses for your training materials and resources, as well as instructional materials that will be used when meeting with students.
- Meet your learner in a public place.
- Commit to 1 year of tutoring in our program.
- Tutor a student enrolled in our program or be placed in a classroom with a partner organization